Rida.Rocks is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
We collect information to be able to service you better and improve your experience on our website.
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we may collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, phone and residential address.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including by email, via our website www.rida.rocks, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies and sometimes from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing, using the unsubscribe link in promotional email or emailing our support team.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
In most cases the use of the information is to serve you better and provide you with a better experience on our website.
What Type of Information We May Collect?
The type of information we may collect is to process and fulfil your orders and serve you better.
Here is a sample of some of the types of Personal Information we may collect about you to help process and fulfil your orders and to be able to improve your experience with our web site and to serve you better.
- your name;
- images of you;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your marital status and/or anniversary;
- your age and/or date of birth;
- your credit card details;
- your demographic information, such as postcode;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
Use of Personal Information
We use your personal information primarily to process and fulfil your orders, serve you better, and to improve your experience with our website and business.
Here is a sample of how we may use the Personal Information we may collect about you to help process and fulfil your orders and to be able to improve your experience with our web site and to serve you better.
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have
In general we try to keep sensitive information protected and secure as much as possible.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information may be used by us:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Sensitive information we collect is mostly to process and fulfil your orders such as payment methods and payment details.
We only deal with third parties to be able to process and fulfil your orders and serve you better.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you.
However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties.
In such a case, where we deem appropriate, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
In general we do not disclose your personal information unless it is to process and fulfil your order or as required by law.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure
- where required or authorised by law
- to process and fulfil your orders
- to improve your experience with our business
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia
Security of Personal Information
We do our best to keep your personal information secure on our web site.
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information.
However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
We cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet.
The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personally identifiable information.
However, they do allow third parties, such as Google and Facebook, to cause our advertisements to appear on your social media and online media feeds as part of our retargeting campaigns.
If and when you choose to provide our Site with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page.
For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Access to Your Personal Information
You can contact us at anytime to request more information about your personal information held in our systems.
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Rida.Rocks will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is in our interest and your interest to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date.
It is an important to us and you that your Personal Information is up to date.
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
As our business evolves and as information technology changes, our policies and terms of service may also change.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
Links to Other Sites
We may link to other sites on the Internet. We have no control on other peoples web sites to which we may be linked to.
Our Site may contain links to other websites. We do not have any control over those websites and we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any personal information which you provide whilst visiting those websites.